if i had a dime for everytime an adult man made me feel uncomfortable
I'm Erika. This blog is a hodgepodge of craziness. Even I've started to lose track of what ends up here. But some of what you can expect is fandom stuff (Nerdfighteria, Youtubers, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Sailor Moon, etc), some social justice, the occasional personal post, and anything else that pleases me. Enjoy! ^-^
Fun fact! Trans and nonbinary people who choose not to go on hormones, get surgery, etc. are still totally valid! Nonbinary people who choose not to present as “androgynous” are still totally valid! Binary trans people who choose not to present traditionally feminine or masculine based on their gender are still totally valid!
Stop policing everyone’s identity. It isn’t difficult.
- Because when someone doesn’t want to date me because I’m poly it’s ‘understandable’ but when I don’t want to date someone because they are monogamous it’s ‘ridiculous.’
- Because all relationship advice tells you that if you have feelings for someone else while you’re in a relationship you’re a bad person.
- Because even feminists try to slut shame me.
- Because when I tell people me and my partner have an open relationship they assume it’s because we’re going through a rough patch.
- Because people equate ‘multiple partners’ with ‘predator’ and think everything I say is an attempt to get in their pants.
- Because I am fed up of love triangles as easy plot devices in my media.
- Because the LGBTQA+ movement are so desperate to show ‘allies’ they are ‘just like everyone else’ that they shit on everyone with a non-monogamous dynamic.
- Because when a monogamous couple have sex with each other every night it’s having an active sex drive. When I have sex with a different partner every night I’m a nymphomaniac.
- Because people think that monogamy = validity, always.
- Because monogamous hetronormativity is so ingrained that I don’t even feel like I can dance with someone without telling them the complete logistics of my love life.
- Because people genuinely believe that raising a child communally is damaging to development.
- Because when I say ‘I could never be monogamous' I get dirty looks.
- Because too many people have tried to confide in me when they’re cheating because ‘I thought you, of all people, would understand.’
- Because I can’t talk about my relationship troubles with my monogamous friends because ‘I always have something to fall back on.’ As if my relationships are meaningless.
(please reblog and add more if you like)
society: dare to be different!
society: whoa not THAT different you freak